Monday, May 22, 2006

VICKI FOUND!!

I'm pretty happy. I finally located the mysterious Vicki. Not only does she still have the video tapes she made of a whole bunch of the Akron/Cleveland hardcore bands back in the day, she has already started burning some to DVD for use in the movie. Hoo-ray!

For those of you who haven't been following the tale (and why should you have been?), a woman named Vicki taped a bunch of the hardcore shows that ODFx, Agitated, Starvation Army and a bunch of other bands played around '82 & '83. But no one I knew had seen her in 20-odd years. The shows she taped were at The Dale, a little neighborhood bar we kinda took over for about 6 months. During that time all kinds of hardcore luminaries from the Meat Puppets, to DRI, The Dicks, MDC and a bazillion more, played shows there. ODFx was more-or-less the house band at the time & opened almost every show.

It's incredible to find this stuff. Like the Holy Grail as far as I'm concerned. I didn't even know it existed. For all these years I had no memory at all of us ever being video-taped, let alone being video-taped numerous times. So this is really mind boggling. I haven't seen the material yet. That's gonna be weird...

The world premier of the film is set for the 1st of July in Cleveland. I'll post more information when I have it!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?